Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I'll probably sound elitist and egotistical, but I can't stand it anymore. It infuriates me.

What I've been realising as I've interacted with different groups of people throughout life, is that most people are incapable of having a true and deep discussion about matters, because before they can come close to probing the deeper issues, their ego or their emotional baggage besets them and gets in the way. Such people have probably never had the pleasure of having enlightening conversations with others.

I think it boils down to having good listening skills, having a good opinion of others, and a striving to understand the other person's perspective, rather than making conclusions about them prematurely and shutting them down before you've really understood them. Stop being pompous all the time and thinking you know all the answers! It's exhausting to have to converse with you.

God help me if some people drive me up the wall, the way they talk.



💙

No comments: