Monday, August 07, 2017

I didn't update earlier how Running Man's cancellation was cancelled, haha -- apparently due to sheer force of will on Kim Jong Kook's part especially -- he'd persuaded all parties to reconsider and reconcile. So anyway, Running Man has been running but with a revamp since 2017 began: two new cast members who I thoroughly approve. They both meld nicely into the team's dynamic.



I wanted to post this episode only because the race portion at the end of the episode was a super exciting one that I haven't seen in a while on the show! And it is proven once again that Yoo Jae Suk is really one smart cookie, don't let his looks deceive you, haha. I forgot that this was what made Running Man so famous in the early days; a good chase plus mystery plus psychological mind tricks make a seriously awesome combination. The closest I ever came to that kind of excitement in real life were our endless games during SLP NUS days (god, I miss my class so bad) and one of the escape rooms I played with my colleagues once.

No comments: