Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Went back to KK for some necessary admin and a visit, and also intended to pick up my books that I'd left behind -- only to discover that they were not there. I have lost them. I don't know -- I might have taken them out and then left them somewhere else not in the department; my notoriously bad memory is so unreliable. I made a shout-out to my speechie team to see if anyone knew where they were, but no one does. A whole bag of wonderful picture books that I love, like Have You Seen My Hat? and The Big Ugly Monster and The Little Stone Rabbit. The more I think on it, the more aghast I feel.

I know they are things, material things, and most of the time, it doesn't take long for me to get over lost items. But a whole pile of books, bought precisely because they were beautiful picture books; ever since I had a Kindle, I have only allowed myself to buy picture books and the very occasional reference-type book. Basically most of my favourite picture books were in that bag! Oh gosh, I think I might cry. This is so sad. All of the content of that bag easily amounts to $200+ too.



guhhhh. I was telling M earlier as she helped me hunt around the department for them; this is one of those cases where you say, they were not yours to begin with... That's why you've lost them.

😭

No comments: