Monday, April 24, 2017

Been having a nice one week,
meeting with friends,
and enjoying my birthday month.

I have been feeling grateful,
thank You, God.

Thank You for the wonderful people I have around me.
Thank You for the faculties of my mind and body
that enable me to appreciate this world.
Thank You for opportunities and stories
that open my mind and push me to grow.


I thought I had lots more to jot down,
but I think my brain is shutting down earlier than I wish,
so here is some brainless photo-posting
to document these happy times.


with birdieocracy;
when I got a very pretty card




we look the same, mostly, y/n? :P
I wanted to montage this with a photo of the four of us
from almost 15 years ago, but that's too much work at the moment.


and I also received these really cute post-its
that can fold up as private messages


and when I signed off as Vult, in what seems like eons:



A night out with J
-- when I was treated to numerous things
including my guilty pleasure below.
J and I -- for good or bad -- go back a long way.



A day out with E, JW, and MM 
(haha hey I actually like the letter combos here),
when we forgot to take photos despite having dressed up (typical of us!)
-- so I took a photo of my present instead.




Funnily, what's coming to my mind right now,
are the few Quranic verses that I just read tonight;
that I suppose serve as reminder, that despite the
wonders and goods of this life
better still is what awaits after
if you strive.


Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet:
women and sons, heaped up hoards of gold and silver, 
horses branded, and cattle, and well-tilled land.
Such are the possessions of this world's life;
but in nearness to Allah is the best of goals.

Say: Shall I give you glad tidings of things far better than those?
For the righteous are gardens, in nearness to their Lord, 
with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home;
with companions pure; and the good pleasure of Allah.
For in Allah's sight are His servants --

Those who say: "Our Lord! we have indeed believed.
Forgive us, then, our sins, and save us
from the agony of the Fire."

Those who show patience, firmness, and self-control;
who are true;
who worship devoutly;
who spend;
and who pray for forgiveness
in the early hours of the morning.

-- Surah Aal-i-Imraan, Verses 14 - 17

No comments: