Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Today was a good day --

(i) I officially passed my SPOT fussy eater clinic! whooooooooooo! and essentially, this put the rest of my day into a good mood. And then I only had two kids in the PM -- so documentation was complete before 5PM and I could pray even before the day was done. After that, L and me went out for a cafe dinner we've been planning for weeks -- the pasta was good -- and we had cake to celebrate my passing SPOT and the fact that I will very soon be finishing my bond. Unbelievable that I've been a speechie for four years now.

Yay, Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah for small victories.

(ii) Nutella banana cake was awesome.

(iii) I came home to a wonderful but super belated birthday card that came via snail-mail from S in Australia (I have too many friends whose names start with S). Reminiscing on old times we had in common, and the fact that she still treasures our friendship, warms my heart.

I do believe that a true connection lasts forever, whether or not one keeps in touch.



Dear God, help me see the beauty in the everyday simple and seemingly mundane.

No comments: