Sunday, December 11, 2016

Something small but miraculous happened tonight.



I was sitting with M at our typical gathering, and at the end of it, I told her, just by way of conversation, that we'd bumped into her daughter W earlier that day while we were out shopping. To my surprise (although she so often becomes tearful it shouldn't be too surprising), this quite suddenly brought on a torrent of tears. Apparently, she'd been waiting to hear about her estranged daughter, and had been praying hard all week. It promptly became a crying fest between the two of us as she related though tears how she'd been desperate for any news of W, and that just my telling her that I'd seen W proved that Allah had heard her prayers. "Now I'm happy. Tonight I can sleep."


It's certainly wonderful and inexplicably amazing to have one's prayers answered.

I'm feeling though, that being part of the reason someone else's prayers are answered,
is equally wonderful all on its own. If only to witness how God listens.


Thank You. I've been feeling low and cast-aside -- but this; it feels like I'm forgiven.

No comments: