Thursday, August 11, 2016

W for awesome

My pattern in recent times has been this: work, work, work, korean drama, sleep, work, work, work, korean drama, homework, sleep, work, work, work, korean drama, homework, sleep, work, work, work, work, work, work.

It's terrible, I know, but that's what's it been like, mostly. Well, of course I exaggerate, and I do squeeze in occasional family get-togethers and friend meet-ups; but I feel a general interminable exhaustion. Work is like a mega big boulder on my shoulders right now -- and maybe, hopefully, when I pass my clinic training (insya Allah! because things seem to be going okay, Alhamdulillah~) and finish running my workshop, things will calm and I can return to some semblance of a decent human being.

Right now though, in between work, korean drama is my soma --



and can I please rave about W - Two Worlds
a drama so unprecedented in its awesomeness, I choke up.

It's fandom and meta and romance and action and mystery and dare I say, philosophy; 
and ohmygod twists at every corner, 
and ohmygod hilarious stuff that make me want to shriek out loud in laughter 
-- how do I summarise how this drama is.

Maybe these gifs can give an idea:





Our hero is a fictional character but our heroine is real, 
(but actually, you know they're both fictional -- ehehehhhh whutttt)
and our hero realises this at some point, discusses it and grapples with his existential crisis--

way to blow our minds, writers.

I am terrified of where this is supposed to go though, 
because unless there is some other mind-bending warp going around, 
I don't see how our hero and heroine can realise their OTP 
seeing as how they live in completely different worlds. 

(Ohmygoodness, this is bringing back memories of DM of my teenage years.)



This is an unsubbed clip (hopefully it will be subbed proper at some point!) 
but it's my absolute favourite bit from the drama so far
-- for the sheer amount of crack in it; ohmygod I couldn't stop laughing.

Here he tells her to choose which romance line 
they should make for the direction of the story now: 
(i) a cinderella-type romance complete with a fancy ball
(ii) going on a romantic trip 
(iii) every day slice of life romance
(iv) bold and strong x-rated romance

No comments: