Sunday, March 06, 2016

hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul

finally, a moment.

I couldn't find a moment (you know, crazy busy weekdays and crazy wedding weekends). Not that I was occupied a 100% outside of right now -- but you know, the right moment. to pen thoughts.

or just one thought, maybe, for now.

That is... I think I'm finally realising the meaning of the maxim: to hope, but not expect.

It is a thin line. That sweet spot called hope, that is neither despair, nor entitlement or expectation. And insya Allah, this is a step-up in iman; because this does seem like a type of submission. I'm starting to wonder too if we're being taught the same core lesson over and over but always being given an up on the ante with respect to the context, as we go on with life.

Hope gives me leave to live according to my heart, in consort with my head, insya Allah.



When I was a young girl, there was a fad started by the used-to-be-awed Lance Armstrong who fought against cancer and continued cycling in the Tour de France: these hand bands that said LIVE STRONG. People would sport it in a range of colours on their wrists -- mostly in association with athleticism and resilience etc. Later, I decided that while this live strong idea was quite awesome -- you know, not giving up, striving hard no matter what -- the motto that was preferable for me to live by was to LIVE TRUE.

It was something that stuck with me as I grew older and stays with me today.

Live true to myself, true to God and his Beloved Nabi s.a.w., and to have hope in my heart.

No comments: