Thursday, August 27, 2015

The song for me right now, I feel --


And in accordance -- I do also feel like I need a haircut!

Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is, where your book begins;
The rest is still unwritten

(Her songs are all so awesome, seriously. 
How could I have not appreciated her work before?)

---

There are some things in life not going so great right now -- but oh man, I am really appreciating work life though. (I keep remembering what K said back in the past when things weren't so great for her and she was like, "At this age, just let me work lah. Thanks.")

I am making great friends with some of my colleagues. Work is not super wonderful or anything; some days, like seriously, I want to scream and roll my eyes and scream again -- my head feels like exploding while I stare at the crazy mess of a calendar that we have for our team -- but the fact that I then leave work and have a great dinner with them and we bitch about things, and talk about bigger things than work, it makes all the difference. It makes it worth it to come in the mornings, knowing that today, hey -- I've got to have her back. And some other days, when I feel like collapsing and making a fit -- we convene in a therapy room at 6PM, and share tears and hysterical laughter, and then at least feel: this crazy place that we work at, this crazy world that we live in, we're not alone.


---

Selawat Mahabbah 
(whose meaning I've only started to internalise -- it's so wonderful, and it does encapsulate everything you'd need)

Oh Allah, selawat, salam and blessings upon Sayyidina Muhammad with the amount of Your Love for him.

And increase in us, Oh Allah, the love for him.

And relieve from us whatever that we are in, Ya Rabb,  with his love.

And provide us with unveilings, Ya Rabb, with his love.

 And provide us with resolute health against whatever that we face, Ya Rabb, with his love.


Love, love, love.

No comments: