Monday, January 06, 2014

Overheard a bollywood song on tv, and my own nostalgia came back.

Here's one of the saddest love stories ever made
(and ripped from an old Hollywood movie, but who cares 
cause bollywood multiplies the emo by a million and makes you cry a bucket of tears)


It bears happiness and sadness
Still, it remains silent
No one has yet learned
What life is saying

They don't seem to make Bollywood movies like this anymore. I know some can be tacky, but they were fun and fairytale-like. And very indulgently emo.




And speaking of emo -- I want to headdesk. No, seriously. Seriously.

How is it that people become so clouded by emotion that they cannot be objective anymore. I know I'm one to talk, being a very emotional creature, I admit -- but I think I try very hard not to let my biases or feelings about a person cloud my intellectual judgement regarding a situation. In fact, I normally try to counter my emotions so much that I think I may be too harsh on myself.

What was it -- have emotions, but don't be emotional? Recognise how angry you are, how upset you are, how hurt you are, how moved you are, but then move a step back and take control of those feelings; put them aside, and think clearly. People, please.

No comments: