Sunday, August 04, 2013

ya muqqalibal qulub




Come, come again. Ours is not a caravan of despair.

- Rumi

The above quote from Rumi reminds me of one of my loveliest friends, K -- who in her small ways and seemingly ordinary life, inspires me so deeply. She reminds me that the consistency of small deeds really amounts to more than once-off, grand gestures and appearances of piety. Someone who, by her very being, radiates warmth and goodness and kindness, and who I'm sure the Prophet s.a.w. would be proud of. May you be forever blessed, my dear friend.

Tonight, am feeling a little more sober and melancholic --

O Allah! I ask that You give me from Your Presence such mercy that with it You will guide my heart, regulate my affairs, and put order into my disorder. And that You will fill me with perfect faith, and bestow on my outer, good deeds, and You will render my deeds pure and sincere, and inspire me with a suitable way to gain Your Pleasure, and give me friends that will be familiar to me and protect me from all manner of evil.

No comments: