Thursday, July 18, 2013

kuch kuch

Maybe it's because I'm already feeling the festivity mood seep into my system (only 1 week into Ramadhan, whoops, hehe) -- but I've been revisiting my love of Bollywood. I've been suspecting that my Indian blood rises to the surface during festive seasons. Maybe it's all the kecoh-ness of the iftar meet-ups.

 Anyway, so I've been combing my old song favourites and re-watched Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (one of the love stories of my childhood, seriously), and I noticed something -- the Eilean Donan castle (in Scotland!) features majorly in the main theme song of Kuch Kuch! Like omgggggg.

If I had known this back in 2010 post-graduation, I might have posed ala Rani Mukherjee with a saree, in front of the castle (and embarrass Eunice in the process).



I have been feeling ultra nostalgic about the Khan bollywood era -- it's reaching its end, now that almost all the Khans are touching 50.

But omg Kuch Kuch -- you were my first well-loved Hindi movie. I remember clearly that Sunday from 1999 at the old Geylang market: hesitantly asking my dad if I could get the $10 VCD of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. That was my first ever purchase of Bollywood. And the rest is fangirl history.

3 comments:

eunice said...

O__O

shweta said...

:D :D I WISH THAT HAD HAPPENED!

Shamiah said...

Hahaha -- yes, then I'd have a crazy incriminating photo of myself in a saree.