Sunday, May 12, 2013

So many thoughts and emotions (life is a rollercoaster, yes?) but I want to tell this adorable story instead (taken from one of Shaykh Hamza's many lectures):

There was this desert man who, after catching a lizard for dinner -- yes, apparently desert people had lizards for dinner -- approached Rasulullah s.a.w. to ask, "Are you the man who claims to be the Messenger of God?"

Rasulullah s.a.w. replied: "Yes. Will you believe?"

The desert man was all-skeptical, and like, "I'll believe if this lizard believes!"

Rasulullah s.a.w. proceeded to ask, "What say you, lizard?"

And the lizard said, "I witness there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger."


: OOOODDDD 

I totally squealed! Ah, so cute.



Ya Rasulullah. How my heart aches.



Last night, I fell asleep thinking and wondering how on Earth people live without God. 


I felt so scared and sad thinking of all the terrible things and ideas and the bleakness out there -- and my God, thank You for my solace in You. If I didn't have God, I can almost guarantee I'd be on anti-depressants. How do other people do without God, I honestly am curious.

No comments: