Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nodame Cantabile!

I've started re-watching the live action manga-adaptation; FYI, the drama is about young Music majors trying to take on the difficult world of music.

Laugh-out-loud hilarious, heartwarming, inspiring, with a cute, nutty, and unlikely OTP -- this totally ranks as one of the best and most re-watchable dramas in my list. (Speaking of which, I really should physically make a list or something, shouldn't I?)

Nodame Cantabile is also likely the one that taught me how to appreciate manga-style J-drama, with all the crack and out-of-this-world plot twists. Despite the plot meanderings, the theme and objective of the story is solid, and moves you in all kinds of ways. God, I adore Nodame. And Chiaki. And practically everyone in the entire drama cast. The whole thing was so well done, so well-casted and so well-acted. I do remember giving this drama 5 hearts in my very first review of it, and I do it again now wholeheartedly, even just after the first episode re-watch.

(a separate review you might want to read: here.)


Nodame and Chiaki are amusing and inspiring at the same time; 
she is his muse, and he disciplines and hones her raw talent;
he puts order into her life, she spices it up for him; --
and they make awesome music!




---

Still re-watching and getting my happy fix! :) hehe.







Oh, Nodame, how you make me laugh, you crazy, adorable thing. No wonder Chiaki loves you.


And this shall be here because the last part's like a summary of all that is wonderful about this drama.

(beware SPOILERS!)


No comments: