Monday, February 11, 2013

Game of Thrones SPOILERS






Because I never got this far into the book, I didn't know this was coming.

I was quite traumatized. That was one of the best execution scenes I've ever seen. How the whole thing, plus Sean Bean's acting chops, were put together -- to show the sad end of this honourable man, just, it takes my breath away. :'( I wish he'd shouted into the crowd instead about the evil, lying, Lannisters, and how Geoffrey is a child of incest and not a Baratheon, heir to the throne; but of course he confessed instead to a crime he did not commit, to save his daughters. Goodness, I cried like a baby. The best man, maybe in the entire realm, is dead. 

The quite unbelievable thing about this whole series is that somehow, only the House of Stark appears to have honour. Every other individual saves its own skin. And what is the message here, huh -- that honour and nobility necessarily brings with it bloodshed and suffering? :( Nobility is a rare and beautiful thing.

3 comments:

eunice said...

Are you going to read the books?

sham b said...

Hm I don't know. I might? Haha. Feel quite interested to continue now. Why? :P

eunice said...

STUFF happens...