Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My work schedule is starting to crank up and I'll be spending my nights trying to learn new intervention strategies -- for instance, I feel like I'm trying to swallow the entire Hanen program whole (i.e. an early intervention program for pre-verbal children) -- before the next day dawns and I have to see children who can't yet say words, and I'm supposed to figure out how to help make them say words. If only I could download stuff into my brain like I do stuff into my thumbdrive.

Despite these supposed demands on my limited resources, the little-fangirl-in-me-that-lives-on-regardless is craving for something, because I feel like it's been some time since I've been into a good story. And my favourite fangirly-blogger has recommended a british tv show (yay for BBC!) called The Pillars of Earth (from the original book by Ken Follett), and man, I want to watch -- but oh god, I'm also trying to become an awesome therapist at the same time. God, remind me of my priorities.

Anyway, this is totally my cup of tea already because a) it is historical fiction, b) it is set in the 12th century, and c) apparently, there is an OTP.




Like my clients, maybe I will reward myself when I am good and achieve my goals.

6 comments:

eunice said...

The book is pretty good... (Have you read it? I feel like I've pointed it out before at that weird second hand bookstore at Downtown East but can't remember if you ended up getting it and/or reading it?)

But when I randomly saw an episode of the mini-series playing on cable I thought the vibe was off. Haven't felt motivated to watch it since. Also, I don't know why but I can't stand Eddie Redmayne and didn't like that he was playing the character he was playing (Jack).

If you do end up watching it, let me know what you think...

sham b said...

Ah, I don't recall you mentioning it. Hm. But you know my memory.

Anyway, the problem is first finding the show to watch.

eunice said...

I saw it being sold on DVD at TS Video at Tampines One when we went in there (or should I say, when you dragged me in there, haha) some time back!

sham b said...

omg! really! then i might get it tmr hehe

Duck said...

Does it have a DM/Lymond-ish Misunderstood Hero with Tragic Background? :p

eunice said...

@Duck: Um, not really...