Thursday, November 01, 2012

What a great voice, Shota.

Reminiscing on his hit debut song, Home. 


After all this time, I can't go back to that place...
Whatever wonderful memories I have,
I should keep them in my heart.
I still remember to this day. That's good enough.
Don't worry. I can still sing.
Someday I'll go back. The home all my own.




I realise this place, as I slowly transition into a working adult and less an overgrown student, is becoming a dumping ground of my favourite stuff rather than a blog. Because all I have time for is apparently, some brief comments and lines accompanying a video or picture. I don't know where I got the energy and juice to blog so extensively in the past.

It's not like there's no time per se. It's more like when I have time, I just want to switch off and not think. And reflective writing needs a lot of thinking. I do have those thoughtful moments still, but I don't know why they don't end up in proper entries here.

Maybe next time.

If being adult means less contemplation, it is sad. That shouldn't be, right. But I have the gnawing perhaps irrational fear that I'm morphing into the typical, unthinking, busy, Singaporean.

No comments: