Sunday, November 04, 2012

This whole honey boo boo child thing keeps me torn between horror and amusement.
But mostly, horror.


Beauty pageantry for children and this fiasco / controversy about honey boo boo and her family have only shown me how true it is that women make society. One mother sets the life of one or more individuals -- and by God, we need women with greater purpose and vision to set straight the future of society. 

I don't think the mums of these self-declared divas are bad mums; I'm sure they love their kids and want what's best for them. I feel like they themselves don't seem to know any better. Really -- this is what you want your child to live for? 

2 comments:

Sharmini said...

A quote I chanced upon sometime back. Was supposed to have sent it to you then!Your post got me thinking about the role of women in society :)

"To be Queen Elizabeth within a definite area, deciding sales, banquets, labours, and holidays; to be Whitely within a certain area, providing toys, boots, cakes and books; to be Aristotle within a certain area, teaching morals, manners, theology, and hygiene; I can imagine how this can exhaust the mind, but I cannot imagine how it could narrow it. How can it be a large career to tell other people about the Rule of Three, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone and narrow to be everything to someone? No, a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute.” G.K. Chesterton

sham b said...

lovely! :)