Monday, November 12, 2012

oh sad state of society?

I find this amusing! One of the comments on a dailymail article from the UK - Generation who refuse to grow up - that has one man saying something and the woman saying the exact opposite.

From my experience , when women don't want to settle down and have kids , they're labelled "liberated", and "Independant", but when men don't want to have a child or sign his life away to a woman , he's labeled childish and refuses to "grow up", well I think men are now seeing sense and realising those silly insults are just hypocritical , feminist nonsense , I'm a young man , and I NEVER want to marry , I've Learned from other men's mistakes , who've gone through years of HELL and then been turned over in the divorce courts , no thanks


- Man

It's the other way around. Women who don't settle or want kids are told 'Oh you don't know what you're missing!' and 'It's your duty as a woman to have kids' and 'If you leave it too late you'll regret it!' If a man doesn't want to marry or have kids however it's all 'Good on yer mate' 'Don't be tied down' 'She'll take you for everything' and you get jealous stares of married men who feel trapped. I NEVER want to marry either.


-Woman

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176281/Generation-refuse-grow-No-mortgage-No-marriage-No-children-No-career-plan-Like-30-somethings-Marianne-Power-admits-shes-.html#ixzz2C1NJxONn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook



Being a woman, of course I agree with the latter. Puh-lease -- I get irritated when obviously, all the boys in my family are encouraged to take their time, earn their money, have their selection of the women they want, don't settle; and the girls are treated like ticking bombs until they get married (at least in my head, it's that way). The world is largely unfair to women, please don't pretend otherwise. I still remember being stunned at the young age of 20 when one of my female relatives became very seriously upset because she was 25 and someone had commented or rather implied that she had trouble finding a man. O.O At that point, marriage was nowhere near the vicinity of my mind. What wonderful times those were, in that respect.

I'm 25 now and look at me. Honestly, believe me, I am happy! I don't think I have been at a better place in my life. Until someone brings up this marriage thing. And it's not like I don't want to -- it's just... It just is. Just the way I am, maybe. I wish the world would not judge. All I'm trying to do is always be pleased where God puts me.

No comments: