Friday, October 12, 2012

Spoilers! for Nice Guy.







No particular reason that this is here, other than my deflating after a week of tense assessments, and non-stop brain-whirring.

I think I am watching this drama mostly because I love the two leads. Currently, Moon Chae Won has no contest for being my favourite kdrama actress, and Song Joong Ki I adore because he's one of the original members from Running Man, and IMO, the perfect blend of endearing and kakkoi in a guy, with that added bit of spark and subtle humour in his personality. Not so kakkoi that you'd be intimidated by him in person and not so endearing that he's an utter dork, haha.

Anyways -- the clip shows Eun Gi after her supposed car accident and memory loss (kdrama's favourite plot device!). I find it amusing how dramas always make recovering from brain damage like a walk in the park, if perhaps a long one. And that brain damage normally confers some memory loss but otherwise, one can be a-okay. When in fact, you can take your pick from a slew of real-life traumas, seriously: paralysis / aphasia / cognitive disability / personality changes / more??? Interestingly, the drama showed Eun Gi transposing words around as she writes (ooooh, phonological issue....?) -- a point up in realism! She doesn't appear as sharp or smart a lady as she was before the car crash.

Speaking of which, for clinical placement, I may have more than one apraxia case on my poor inexperienced head right now and diagnosing this thing is confusing the frak out of me! D:

THIS WEEKEND = FIGURING OUT WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO INTERVENE for provisional apraxia diagnosis vs. inconsistent phonology disorder vs. articulation plus language and literacy issues. These are too complex for training purposes, I think. D: HOWWW. stresssssssu.



ohhhmmmmmgg.

I keep telling myself: This is hard, but Alhamdulillah.

No comments: