Friday, October 05, 2012

A week into placement!

And omg, the angst. This PCF-SLP project is becoming somewhat overwhelming. There is so much work. I literally feel my headaches build-up when we sit and discuss which kids we can work on, what stuff to get for assessment and therapy, the consent form issues and checking on data from parent and teacher questionnaires and collaborating with the psych department and their projects (!!!). Like I anticipated, it leaves less space for working on my clinical skills, which is so incredibly worrisome, I tell you. How will I survive hospital next year.

Thank god for having three other wonderful peeps with me. We keep each other sane. And we can actually laugh over our stress.


For Children's Day  celebrations yesterday, the kindy kids were dancing to Gangnam style -- 
it was soooo funny and adorable! if only we weren't barred from snapping photos.

---

And because I missed them: 



If there's one concert I would love to go to, it's Arashi's. I may fangirl a gazillion other things, but there's this overall Arashi-awesomeness-vibe that I want to feel live. Arashi, to my mind, is about love, friendship, and just being happy in the here and now. And they're just so genuine, wholesome and family-friendly, you know (mostly). If I had kids, I wouldn't mind them listening to Arashi.



And this is an ancient (i.e. 7 years ago! haha) video transcript from an Arashi show where they discuss Domyouji and Tsukushi, and attempt to act out bits of Hana Yori Dango (thanks to MatsuJun's drama script at hand), and behave like overall dorks/oji-sans.



This vid puts all versions of Hanadan together! Of course, for me, the Japanese version wins, hands down. Although, I have a soft spot for Meteor Garden (the Taiwanese version) for being the one that opened the door to a whole new fandom for me.



And now, I need to stop fangirling.

---

A true slave is a happy one.

No comments: