Monday, August 06, 2012

I think I like these two (i.e. Sungha Jung and Megan Lee) all the more because they're obviously Big Bang fans. Sungha Jung even mentioned on a television interview that he looks up to G-Dragon as a composer/songwriter.

And Monster is really nice! It's quite noisy at first, if you're not into loud jarring music, but underneath that, there's a beautiful, sad melody. Personally, aside from a few of Big Bang's very early songs in their first albums or so, I can't say I find any of their songs boring. Yes, I know - my bias. I've been blinded by love and now lost all objectivity.

Sungha Jung's cover of Monster with Megan Lee:




And the original! (I love TOP's voiceovers, seriously. @.@)



---

Also recently finished a novel called The Little Women Letters by Gabrielle Donnelly, based on the much-loved Louisa M. Alcott's original Little Women: a descendant of the March sisters discovers letter correspondences between Jo, Meg and Amy in her house attic, and learns about love, life and family.

It's lovely domestic and optimistic fluff (and so unlike my normal inclinations for melodrama of epic proportions, it's refreshing). It left me grateful for knowing some awesome women in my life too.


Concord, October 1872


Dearest Bethie,


This is the last time I shall write to you from this home where we all once shared so much laughter and so many dreams, where I grew from a wild girl to a happy woman, where Meg was courted by John, and Amy made her mud pies and fretted about her nose, and you were our angel and still are. Dear, tonight my Professor returned from the West, and tomorrow, all in a day, I am to marry him, and move to Plumfield to start the school!


...


I think I shan't write to you again, Bethie. I'm leaving this home where for so long I have lived so quietly with mother and father and your memory, and going to a different place, to start a busy new life whose activities will leave me little time for writing letters to you. But don't think, dearie, that I've forgotten you or ever will, even for an hour. Death cannot part us, for our love can never die, and nor can my changing home, for I feel your presence always watching over me, and wherever I go, I know you are there. Dear, such an adventure as I am embarking on in my life with Fritz! But please know that, no matter what happens to me from now on, no matter what joys or sorrows befall, no matter where my life takes me, or how many years of it may be given to me to live, I will take you with me, in my heart, always.


With love, dearest Bethie, from
Jo.


And this from the 1994 movie adaptation with the star-studded cast (I don't know why I don't have this movie in DVD already; I should): where Laurie proposed to Jo, only to be horrifyingly friend-zoned. The first time I watched this, I remember thinking, "God, Jo! You can't reject Christian Bale!!!!!" And besides, he's going to be Batman! Except well, even I didn't know that before, haha.



No comments: