Wednesday, May 23, 2012

cutesy tumblr!

Finished our oral vivas today, and while we were stuck in the holding room, we played old games like heart attack and polar bear! Nostalgic, and so so fun. Oh man, Mini is right. It will be depressing to leave this class.

---

SPOILERS!

On the drama front:

Still watching Love Rain, though my infatuation has waned a little. I also have to confess that JGS's  prettiness probably has got something to do with my sustained viewing, oops. The plot has started to go a little bit in circles, and there are predictable character moves as well. Also, I'd learnt that step-siblings are totally halal for marriage in the purview of Islam (because really, no blood relation whatsoever) and that made me a bit tired of the elaborate melodrama and pain -- because I kept thinking: OMG BOTH YOU COUPLES JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY! It's okay and totally halal, get over it. 

Yesterday, finally sat down to watch the first episode of Papadoru! and omg, it is insane. Jdrama crack, I have missed you? The drama is basically about an entertainer/idol playing HIMSELF (i.e. Ryo as Ryo, godddd) and he falls in love and marries a widow with kids, to the chagrin and horror of the rest of the industry and country. It's as real as you can get with a drama -- cause Ryo is still part of Kanjani and he is still part of Johnny's and Associates, and gah, Arashi and OTHER JE stars feature. I mean, I would watch the drama just for that even if the plot goes to hell.

Basically, I have theorised that they've made this drama to do one or both of two things:

1) To make people think kinder of the recent what-Jin-got-married-when bombshell
2) To pull fans back to JE and counter the super-power-korean wave

And this adorable little girl is to die for. I didn't want to spoil Duckie for this but I couldn't help it. XD Almost died from the laughing/shrieking.


4 comments:

The Mighty Mini Mouse said...

You! Polar bear!You were hilarious! And you people killed an innocent villager! Argh!!!
Oh Shams. What would I do when this course ends? :(

Duck said...

She has an Arashi corner too!!!

JW said...

My sentiments exactly about Love Rain! Such a pity because I liked it so much in the beginning. I've stopped watching it already because all the characters are irritating me, haha.

sham b said...

I know right! It's disappointing, because they had these really smart moments of dialogue. But now, it's just tiring. :(