Friday, March 16, 2012

Chill! Take one problem at a time, please.

I think I'm getting more and more cryptic here because I can't seem to afford the time to write at length. I have one-liners stuck on my mind over a few days, and there it goes in an entry. Full reflection on the other hand is a time-consuming process - which many people don't seem to get. Like part of my placement requirement is to keep up with regular journal writing for benefit of the faculty - in a crazy hectic hospital setting, where will I find a moment's reflection? And not only that, to pen it down??? I take back what I said about feeling less apprehensive for adult placement: now that I know where I'm heading in a few weeks, I feel my anxiety level rising.

The good thing about being a therapist is that you learn the very same skills for management of your own problems; so here's my platter of issues, I shall prioritise. Which problem requires my immediate attention? How may I deal with it? And all the time, I keep in mind the benefits to level of functioning and well-being, so the big picture is served. After all that, you leave it to providence.

---

Selawat is magic. To the point where I fear my using of it so recklessly.

No comments: