Wednesday, November 09, 2011

This is interesting stuff! It reminds me of a quote I posted not long ago:


If you cannot make distinction between what is beautiful and what is not, then you are missing an instrument of the self. 



You know that feeling that you get when you see beauty? The real kind that kind of awes you deep inside. And you don't know why you think it's beautiful; it just is. There is a connection between beauty and the sacred, quite clearly. And what this documentary is saying is that modern art seems to have lost this idea.

Very true, from what little I know of modern art. I am reminded of the time me and Eunice wandered around the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco and we were alternately scoffing and laughing our asses off at what was passing off as art. I remember an exhibit consisting of a single long fluorescent bulb on a wall, and Eunice standing next to it with an incredulous face, mouth hanging open in disgust. Haha, we were like, "How on earth are these random ugly stuff considered art?!?!?!"

No comments: