Tuesday, October 04, 2011

wow.

If you cannot make distinction between what is beautiful and what is not, then you are missing an instrument of the self. 

from bintyusuf (an awesome lady). I love her one-liners.

Today, a little boy was shrieking at the top of his lungs, "I want a GREEEEEEEEEEN gummy bear! A greeeeeeen one!" And was bawling away. His teacher was like -________- and trying to negotiate two gummy bears in place of the green non-existent one but, dang, he wanted the green. It took quite a bit of coaxing and visual instruction before he could get a grip. And besides being all wah and amazed at the situation, I started thinking about my own gummy bear fantasy. My picture of heaven has a bigger-than-life gummy bear at the entrance to my abode, from which I would take a munch every time I feel like it. (I imagine myself running into the arms and then taking a big bite.) heheheh, it somehow made me more sympathetic -- because whatever gummy bear means to you! It means this much to me.

2 comments:

eunice said...

YOU WANT TO EAT YOUR GUMMY BEAR ALIVE?!

Shamiah said...

The bear is not alive! It's just bigggg. and life-sized.