Monday, January 24, 2011

MDA decided not to let us have our Supernatural Season 5 DVD and will give a refund. And they took like, 3 months to decide this. -___________- What I don't get is the fact that Season 5 is actually airing on cable, on AXN. So, where's the logic, man. Then again, I think they've cut substantial bits off the episodes that they do air i.e. censorship. The reason for all of this, apparently, is religious themes.

Yes, I do recall bits of the early episodes of S5 (from watching online versions) in which it is actually mentioned of the death of god and angels rebelling and Lucifer doing the whole sympathy-with-the-devil thingamajig. But. :( Who in their right minds would use any of this fictional stuff as a basis for real theology??? We know it's fiction, riiiight. Dang, I just want to watch my favourite American show, can or not. The next foreseeable plan is to visit nice corners of City Square in Johor, eheheheh. And failing that, actually visit the US?

Had a relatively busy weekend, filled with reasonably fun times but has now strangely settled as an upset and gloomy feeling somewhere near the bottom of my heart. Part of it is my consternation at being called an idealist, which I know I am, I can't help being so; but that somehow people look at it as being a deluded thing -- it makes me feel meh, for lack of better expression at this hour of the night. Sad, and disappointed, and alone, and worst of all, stupid. I feel like having high ideals is like having a physically marring disease, and people kind of have this general sense of pity for you, but you know, they understand, you poor thing. Have cosmetic surgery, be done with it, and live in the real world.

I don't know. I am kind of comforted a little by the memory of my philosophy professor from Virtue and Leadership module, who defended Confucius because she said, we always need ideals as something to work towards, in order that humanity retains its dignity and keeps striving towards something greater. But I think Confucius felt terrible the whole time. Complaining about never meeting a sage (personally, I keep wishing he'd been alive when Rasulullah s.a.w. came along).

I shall strive to be zen.

No comments: