Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Please remind me not to drink coffee at 10 pm if I intend to sleep before the morning comes. -.- Last night, went out for dinner with Marli and Hudy (which unfortunately or not, turned out into some super-long debate/discussion about religion and Sufism in particular; I think we must learn to be more light-hearted) and after that, we just wanted to sit and chat, and I succumbed to a mug of caramel macchiato (I have missed its awesomeness) while we parked ourselves at Starbucks. And later in bed, when it was almost 3 am and I could feel my brain screaming for rest, I still couldn't get any shuteye because the coffee was working its mojo on me. And then the headache started. Horrible, please. And in the morning, I had to message Mendaki to say that I wasn't coming to help today because I had barely had any sleep. D: I hope they don't learn to hate me, really, because of the way I keep bailing out.

But nonetheless, today, I have decided to be productive and started to clear my hard disk space (which has only 800+MB of free space left!) and of course came across some nice old things, like this write-up of myself I had to give to Albert Teo at the beginning of Human Relations class; here's a bit of it:


One of my personal goals in life is never to bow down to difficulty; I have discovered that nothing makes me more upset than acceding defeat. Every time I find something about work or school that intimidates me, I recall the times when I was younger and I hated roller coaster rides; we’d go to a theme park and I’d bail out on a few rides (all the girls did), but then I’d realize how disappointed I became when we left the park. I’d decided then that the regret in having not braved through the ordeal was far worse than the ordeal itself. So from then on, I’d make myself take all the scary rides; the more scared I was, the more I made sure I’d take it. I suppose, in essence, it’s true what they say: there’s nothing to fear but fear itself. And roller coasters have now become more a joy than a fear; and I want to believe that all the obstacles I encounter will turn out similarly.

There really is nothing more agonizing to me than hearing me tell myself, you are a coward. Which is why, I really do think I belong in Gryffindor, haha! You know those silly personality quizzes that try to sort you into one of the Hogwarts houses? I once got Gryffindor and then I once got Ravenclaw, but I am certain Gryffindor would be where my heart lies, eheh.

2 comments:

The Turkey said...

No idea where I'd be, really. I'm not Good enough to be in Hufflepuff, and definitely not brave enough for Gryffindor in any way. It would be either Ravenclaw or Slytherin, I suppose. I do think I'm incredibly evil sometimes, although Slytherin is never a result I get on those quizzes since the options that lead to that outcome are usually incredibly obvious and extreme. Perhaps Ravenclaw then.

Why am I giving this so much thought? HAHA.

sham b said...

hahaha, I think you may be very scarily Ravenclaw. And everytime I think Ravenclaw, I think of what they have to do everytime they need to enter their common room!