Monday, December 13, 2010

“If you feel love in your home, you don’t look for it anywhere else.”


This is such an amazing article on the home and raising the family in Islam; and point number two about making Rasulullah s.a.w. as a breathing, living entity in the lives of children -- hit jackpot with me. Reminds me of stories of the children of Dandara who flat out refuse any offerings of money or sweets whenever they assist in something, for fear that they contaminate their intention to solely please Nabi. It took me a long time to get it; to understand what compelled them so. It's like, even today, when I tutor Humairah or Aishah and then I'm offered some money as form of thanks, damn, I still want it okay. I can't push the money away easily like those amazing kids can. There's probably something about the early nurturing years that is absolutely receptive to the makings of great character.


---


2010 is slowly rolling to a close, and I feel like my blogging gears are also slowing down in tandem. This year has been a great marker for growth, and... it feels like I'm reaching the edge of something. Every chance I get, I ask for more strength, more courage and guidance; especially guidance cause without it it's like groping blind in this world.

No comments: