Friday, October 22, 2010

The best put-down of Satan I've heard: "Don't listen to Syaitan... He's just full of himself." (from Refinement of the Heart) I think that would anger him more than anything else, haha. Because Satan's biggest problem is arrogance, right.

And I am reminded of this cute cartoon from stickgirl:

nooo! I don't want to be evil! heheheh.

---

Also, been listening to Arashi's Subarashiki Sekai (i.e. Wonderful World). And I think all the existing English translations are deficient in some way -- because the song sounds amazing and poetic and heart-tugging, but putting it in English seems to make it lame, and results in a deflated feeling. This is why I feel like learning every language possible in the world (because like Allan Massie said, "the limits of your language are the limits of your world", and to truly understand a world, you must embrace the language). Okaylah, no, not every language. :P But Japanese at least. Arabic first, and then Japanese.

I'll board the last train and rush past the station of despair
Just a little bit further to your town
We cry and we laugh, but still we end up dreaming of tomorrow
Thank you, wonderful world.

Arigatou, subarashiki sekai!

(Translation taken from Taiji here.)

No comments: