Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket – safe, dark, motionless, airless – it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable. 


~ C.S. Lewis


Been reading my old LJ posts. And being uber-reflective. And as I reflect on my younger self, I realise that maybe I don't give myself enough credit. I try too hard and feel disappointed in myself too much. I am not supposed to be superwoman what, right. I know better now; like Yujie keeps saying, sometimes it's good to realise that we're human.


If skies remain clear and ash-less, Eunice and I will be in Scotland this coming Tuesday. :))) And I can fulfill one of the major things on my wishlist. Oh, Scotland - land of many of my beloved things; it's been a long time coming.

No comments: