Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The world makes you into either a saint or a cynic.

I shall not let my idealism transform into cynicism. Yes, sometimes, the rose-tinted lenses through which I view the world get shattered, but I've always thus far managed to piece the fragments back together somehow. Because you know, sometimes, at certain moments, with certain people, the world is truly pretty, even without my having to paint it all in pretty colours.

Also, this quote is in my head now; the first time I read it was in a Draco/Ginny fanfic, years ago in secondary school, and from the first time, it stuck. I don't even know if the author came up with it herself, or she quoted from somewhere else. I've always thought it was beautiful:

They say love is blind. But it's not. It sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

---

Today, my sister (you are greatly missed, my ultimate spaz buddy.) messaged from Egypt:

Hello sisu! :D How are youz. Kita dah balek ke Cairo drpd dandara. Mia-chan, muktamar is sugoi. HAVE YOU BEEN EATING RUBBISH?! Did amirudeen call? Hehe. I forgot how some ppl are super jinjang here. Hehe. Okay <3 you!

I think I badly want to go for muktamar next year. I bet it'll be exciting too -- cause it'll be the last one before 2012. *cue dramatic music*

No comments: