Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What on earth is JayZ saying in his songs. Seriously. Even if you don't buy in to all the conspiracy theory stuff (Rockefellers and corporate moguls and Satan at the top of it all running and corrupting the world etc), you have got to wonder what the frak at least 80% of his lyrics even refer to!

For instance, from the song/rap Roc Boys:

The Roc Boys in the building tonight
Look at how I'm chilling, I'm killing this ice
You don't even gotta bring ya purses out
We the dope boys of the year, drinks is on the house


and

I get away with murder when I sling yay
Niggas got less steps then Britney
That means it ain't stepped on, dig me?


No, I don't dig you. What steps? What ice? Am I missing something? But you don't really mean for people to get you, do you, JayZ, you cryptic evil person wrapped up in Mr. Nice Guy who married Beyonce.

I feel like we should let a team of cryptographers and detectives or maybe, literature professors, work on JayZ's album, and let them come up with an interpretation. It's like way harder than Shakespeare or Chaucer or Dunnett (haha) or any other literature. And it appalls me how the general person doesn't even care what the lyrics mean while they listen, and these people, like JayZ and that mad woman Lady Gaga, are winning fame, glory and wealth and influencing the youngsters of the world. I mean, if you are not awake to how nuts all this seems... I don't know. Are you awake?

Some more nutty, incomprehensible rap lyrics from JayZ's Hovi Baby (which is by the way, in itself, confusing -- because what the heck is hovi? Because as far as my research with google goes, the only Hovi I could identify was short for Hovawart, which is a dog... so, you tell me.):

Jeah, look
I'm so far ahead of my time, I'm bout to start another life
Look behind you, I'm bout to pass you twice
Back to the future and gotta slow up for the present
I'm fast, niggaz can't get past my past
How they propose to deal with my perfect present?
When I unwrap "The Gift & the Curse" in one session
Ain't no livin person can test him
Only two restin in heaven can be mentioned in the same breath as him
Seven straight summers, critics might not admit it
But nobody in rap did it, quite like I did it
If you did it I done it before, you get I had it
Got mad at it and don't want it no more
And that goes for everything from flippin that raw
Flippin whores, flippin vocal chords, don't get it twisted
Get it right, did different, did it better, did it nice
Did the impossible then did it twice (get it right)
Sometimes I think it might have been God's mercy or guidance that I ended up in Jpop and Kpop instead, although I was never much into mainstream American music anyway. And while yes, Asian entertainment is not necessarily free of the same vices of lechery or violence, at least the lyrics are mostly understandable and don't seem to cryptically hint at some weird evil. At least, my dear Arashi boys aren't wearing masonry symbols (by the way, stop lying about the hand symbol being a diamond, JayZ. -.- It is so obviously freemasonry.). They sing lame songs about rainbows and clouds and cheesy love, but obviously not evil is the point.

When you say things like this:

Roc-A-Fella Records
Dynasty continues, y'all die
Uh Huh, peace! 


 ~ Show Me What You Got

EVIL. Who tells people to die in their songs?! And then you say peace??? Mad, is it.

No comments: