Monday, February 08, 2010

Had sayyidat liqa' today, and was happy as a result. I think liqa' just makes me happy these days. yatta! The rest of the world should be this wonderful too.

The most memorable part of today's liqa' was when Kak Faridah was recounting the story of Sayidatina Aisyah r.a. asking Rasulullah s.a.w. to make doa for her. So Rasulullah prayed for Allah to forgive her past sins, her future sins, the sins she committed in secret and the sins she committed in the open. And so Sayidatina Aisyah was very happy. Rasulullah asked her, "You are pleased with my doa?" And Sayidatina Aisyah said, "Yes, very much so, ya Rasulullah." And then Rasulullah said, "I say the same doa for my ummah every day."

There was a collective audible gasp amongst all the ladies at that. How wonderful is that. How can you not want to cry thinking of this wonderful, wonderful gift of a person. How can you think other than that we owe him more than our lives. How is it possible to not love him, seriously. These days, I feel like even if my life were to be reduced to my living alone in a ditch somewhere, I would still feel happy because I've found Rasulullah, and I ain't letting him go.

---

Roamed xkcd yesterday and laughed at this:



And this one took me a few seconds, but I like it!

---

Fandom rambles

My JE updates of course comes in the form of email spazzes from Duck, and today I ended up reading some random tabloid she linked to, about Yamapi and supposed scandalous photos of kissing. The photos, as expected, are nowhere to be found and likely do not exist. Reading the comments however, I find people actually hoping to see Pi and Keiko together cause they thought the two in Buzzer Beat were awesome and "totally made for each other". I was like this in response: O__o

All I can say is, they probably haven't seen what real chemistry is. Putting two pretty people together does not necessarily mean sparks. Me and sis were totally unmoved by Buzzer Beat's romance plot! It was ultra bland and I could care less if the characters ended up on opposite sides of the earth. I was just watching it for Pi alone. (haha.) Even Pi/Masami in Proposal Daisakusen was better than Pi/Keiko.

Pi/Maki - gosh. (You know I was heading there.) Every time people gush about Pi/some other random girl, I think that they probably haven't seen Pi/Maki. His smiles around Maki were to die for; since the days of Kurosagi and Nobuta, I have yet to see Pi smile like that again. When there's chemistry, they can be a foot apart and they are still oh-my-god-so-awesome-together and you want to root for them like some kaypoh, matchmaking aunty. The two were so awesome as a pair, even talk show hosts were teasing them like crazy. Please, newbie fans (who haven't even watched Kurosagi, which I find appalling). Educate yourself a little - Pi/Maki still tops the others.

No comments: