Sunday, January 31, 2010

I have all these random thoughts in my head; but no time to consolidate them.

* I feel like my weekends are waaay more draining than my weekdays, in some sense. Can sakit dada (i.e. chest/heart pain) sometimes, teaching people. Although, my gosh, some kids are so cute, I have to refrain from saying sayang when I scold them.

* Some headaches are persistent. I tell myself: okay, I shall nap for 40 minutes so that my head gets some rest, which of course turns into at least an hour and a half, and then the headache still ain't gone. -.- I think it's a physical reaction to homework.

* Where can you find a lot of germs? Germany! Ahak, lame. Yesterday, the APEX mentors played this pick-a-question-from-a-box game; we all contributed a question each into the box and take turns being put under the spotlight. I got the question, What is your pet's name? To which I answered Elsie, haha. Someone got the question, What is the meaning of life? And we were all whoooaaa, and Ammar, I think, described how his life is mendak now, which cracked me up, man.

What stuck with me though, is the fact that Aisyah asked me, Shamiah, you gave that question, right? Because I was laughing and totally high or stg (maybe also cause of the chocolate cake), I simply said no. But later, when I had time to think about things, I realised what it meant, and part of me wanted to headdesk. :P I realise that I have this Miss Philosopher image or stg. Also, some people think I am so, so serious but haiyah, are you kidding me? Seriously. -.- If I could offer someone who was off her rocker, I'd offer myself.

* I think that if there's anyone constantly straddling boundaries, it's me.

* Oh, someone else got asked, What do you think is Allah's most beautiful creation? And I was sad that the obvious and only answer was not given, i.e. Rasulullah s.a.w.. Still need to ask, meh? :( Nothing else Allah created was given the honour of being next to Allah's name. People, wake up leh.

* The NUS computing school site is down, I think, and now I can't access my module site and thence cannot do assignment due tomorrow! :O eh, this is annoying da yo. EDIT: eh, can already! :D

Speaking of my computing module, Prof told us a joke about a Russian-made translation machine. The Russians were super proud of it and tested it in front of the English. They asked the English for a phrase to translate into Russian and to verify it, they would translate it back into English. So the English first gave the biblical expression, The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. The machine translated it into Russian and then back into English and gave, The vodka is strong but the steak is lousy. Then, they subjected yet another phrase to the machine -- Out of sight, out of mind -- and got back, Blind Idiot.

 
hehe.

No comments: