Thursday, September 24, 2009

Every time I have a paper to write, I would take days just to prime my brain for it. :P I don't know, I just can't sit in front of a blank screen immediately and type. It just doesn't work that way for me, with writing at least. If I force myself to do so, I would most surely hate the outcome; the writing would sound bad or wrong, in some way. I would let the topic simmer in my brain for days even while I do a million other things, and when the deadline looms nearer, I would stare at the blank paper but still not write. The simmering still goes on.

The writing happens by a sudden stroke of inspiration or enthusiasm or when I know the simmering just cannot go on any longer lest I overshoot the deadline.

Meh, this is tiring. This simmering is tiring. It's like trying to picture the whole paper in my mind; or rather to envision the essence of the underlying message to be conveyed so that I know what to build my words on.

---

Hoping to watch the Buzzer Beat finale tonight!

No comments: