Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love is or it ain't. Thin love ain't love at all. ~ Toni Morrison

Yu Jie was right about obsessions. Why do they always have to crop up during semesters. It'd be great if they could all wait and accumulate during the breaks, so that I don't drive myself to distraction during the times I'm supposed to be working. Then again, I'm always obsessed about one thing or another. :S Oh, time management skills, where art thou!

Got back from Kelantan yesterday evening. And met with a mountain load of undone work. I've made a list. And it's scary to even look at it. Nyeeah. But I shan't be depressing any longer.

Kelantan was sweet but rushed. It seemed like we dropped off, said hi and gave hugs and then left, waving madly from our car windows. It was extremely short, but still hectic and fun and I liked meeting with the kids and seeing kampung life and eating such GOOD FOOD (I need to diet badly, I think). The weather was rather unbearable though. There are a number of interesting things to mention including the state of Pakcik Mail's ancient van which looked ready to fall apart from old age and rust. We took a trip in it to Pakcik Mail's house from the hotel and Ahmad and I spotted a hole in the floor of the van. It was amusing. Also: cockroach encounter on everyone's parts. Funny in retrospect, but of course, panic coursed through me like electric current when I spotted it next to the vanity mirror at midnight, while I read a bit of The Queen of Attolia. I did a hurdle jump across my sister who was lying next to me and became annoyed at my panic, and made a mad dash for my dad's room. I ran out into the hallway in my pajamas, not caring at all and knocked on my dad's door. XD It was funny; he thought something horrible had happened and his eyes were red from sleeping but he came to our room anyway and flushed the roach down the toilet. Thank goodness. Other cockroach encounters by the others include roach in a cup and roach on toothbrushes. O.O Imagine my shudders. They were violent.

We also tried sugar cane, in its most original form! Cut into pieces and then just chewed on. It's like candy. Awesome. No wonder pandas love this stuff. :D Mami Bi also cooked her amazing mee goreng for everyone there, and the ladies learnt from her. Awesome, awesome. The little girls were very clingy but adorable and kept begging me to keep taking photos. Ah, nyah. It was a sweet experience.

My sis, with Adam, Wahidah and Adlina, outside Pakcik Mail's house. His van is in the background.
We drank fresh coconut juice! Look at Wahidah: she couldn't stop doing the peace sign once we taught her to.

At the school canteen, where we had our mee goreng feast.

Doing jumping shots with the nice 'tar-road-in-the-middle-of-the-forest' background.

The morning we were leaving, the road was suuuper empty (4 am) and we had such fun taking photos in the middle of the deserted road.

Ja! Got work to do. HAVE to get to it.

No comments: