Wednesday, January 21, 2009

:D I am amazed right now. Because I'm using the BioSLAX OS. It's basically an entire operating system (like Windows or MAC) for bioinformatics. And it's just! :D Quite cool to have an entire OS just for my module and bioinformatics in general. They have a lot of stuff already installed like JalView which I remember painstakingly installing during my little research experience at IBN last year. And like every other bioinformatic tool out there. Mukya! :D It feels exciting. I feel like a pro. I want to learn to be a pro. Mukya! (You can see I am still in post-Nodame excitement; Nodame says "mukya!" a lot.)

Watched Obama's full inauguration address just a while ago, because I slept incredibly early last night (at 10.30! :O) so missed it live. And I thought I was already immune to Obama's charisma; he more or less talks about the same thing every time. Unity and forefathers and sacrifice and hard work. But dang it, he has this knack of pulling the best phrases from thin air, and it's so freaking inspiring, that I cried anyway. And it's just this whole idea of building a better world and unity of humanity that just resonates in everyone, not just Americans, that overwhelms one with feeling. Because, really, most of us, if not everyone, wants world peace. Ne?

---

My sis discovered a singer called Shimizu Shota quite a while back, and because sisters influence each other greatly (that's why we fangirl almost the exact same things), I have come to like this guy too. He has an awesome, awesome voice. I categorise him together with Siti Nurhaliza, Sami Yusof, Jean Baptiste Maunier and Tego too, I guess. People who are just meant to sing you know, because no matter what they sing, they're just so good to listen to. I feel like I can never get tired listening to his songs. And it helps that the songs rock too.

This is my favourite, I think. HOME, by Shimizu Shota. <3 The song is so good, I promise. It doesn't matter if you don't understand jap; music is universal, you'll understand anyway. Eheh. :P



---

My sis has requested I do a synopsis of Ryusei no Kizuna for her Jap Club's Notice Board. -_- I should be paid. Seriously. Fine, I like raving about stuff anyway, but I should still be paid. Because I WANT A JOB. Can someone reccommend me a well-paying job please. I need to save some money.

No comments: