Saturday, December 06, 2008

Three separate entries in one day! Eheh. I just have much to say, I guess, and multiple fandoms to give attention to. :P

Speaking of which, finally started on my Supernatural Season 3 DVDs, and I MISS DEAN <3. And Sam. And Bobby. And gosh, I love Supes. It is funny. And awesome.

So anyway, have been going out every day since exams ended. And yesterday, met up with Eunice and Yujie, spending the entire day randomly spazzing over JE (sorry, Eunice... :P) and trashing out stuff and talking about every other thing, and getting The Tales of Beedle The Bard:

I'm almost done with it. And just reading the first few pages gave me a feeling of nostalgia so strong, I was compelled to pick up Philosopher's Stone on the spot to start rereading the entire HP series. But rereading Lymond is enough to handle at the moment, I think. Not to mention the thousands other things I supposedly want to do this December break. You know what, I realise I have a crazy number of fandoms :D and I like it this way.

Later on in the day, the three of us wanted to get dessert and we were going out of Borders and I saw some dudes dressed in yellow robes drinking Ice Blended Coffee at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Me: Are those monks?
Yu Jie: No lah, I think they're llamas.

Okay, I suppose it doesn't sound funny at all now, but I was bursting into laughter when Duck said that! Because yes, although she meant lamas as in the term given to 'Tibetan teachers of Dharma', upon hearing, I took it that she meant the clippity-clop-hairy-animal llamas and proceeded to laugh uncontrollably all the way to Cedele (where we had pancakes with ice cream). Can you try to see the funny in this? I saw two men, asking if they are monks by way of profession, and Yu Jie replies, that, no, they're furry four-legged animals instead! XD

So anyway, the difference between lamas and monks is that a monk can be a lama but a lama cannot be a monk, as in a square can be a rectangle but a rectangle cannot be a square. :P Okay, I'm being deliberately silly. Basically, the wikipedia link up there says that lamas are special Tibetan monks, who have attained higher levels of spirituality. The Dalai Lama is but one of many possible lamas. So yes, dear Yu Jie, you're right, they could be lamas. But they're definitely monks. I win!

No comments: