Thursday, December 25, 2008

Exam results have been released. CAP has officially stagnated, I think. It hasn't been dropping much at all for the past few semesters, but I haven't successfully raised it either, like I've been meaning too. :( Am fighting the rain cloud hovering over my head. I want to keep fighting for a CAP raise in the next semester! MUST NOT GIVE UP.

---

Yesterday, I went to watch the movie, Ip Man, with family. AND IT WAS AWESOME, AMAZING AND AWE-INSPIRING. I am so getting the DVD.

First, a little of synopsis:

Ip Man was the teacher of the famous Bruce Lee, and the master of the now world-renowned Wing Chun martial arts. The story revolves around his life during the World War II era and how he came to embrace his destiny as a martial arts teacher. Ip Man was initially content to practise on his own and not to take any disciples, but what he came to face during the war made him realise that he could do a lot more to help others.

The Wing Chun was just freaking AMAZING. AMAZING!!! I've always said that I appreciate well-done action movies - this one just takes the cake. This one rates number one on my list right now. Donnie Yen pulled off a wonderfully charismatic persona -- the can-melt-your-heart-with-his-honour kind of hero. And when he does his fighting duels: I just want to wow and wow constantly. We were wincing and screaming during the fight scenes, I tell you. Just beautiful.

FIVE STARS, I say!

No comments: