Sunday, November 09, 2008

My bro just bought PS3, claiming that the graphics and high-definition is out-of-this-world (okay lah, I saw it and I kind of agree), and extorted $100 from me and sis, because we have to chip in with the cost. -_- But until he connects it to the wireless system and I can watch youtube on my plasma screen, I won't feel like the $100 is worth it. Ahak. Also, for the millionth time, I wonder why men love all the war games and violence and guns. I can appreciate it to some extent, I get the excitement... But aren't there more fun things? Adventure games? More colourful settings maybe? Haha.

Now that the euphoria of Obama's victory has died down a little, I'm feeling this impending dread; the all-too-familiar feeling of fear of disappointment. The whole thing is almost fairytale-like, or legendary; if Obama gives good on his promise and lives up to the world's hopes, he'll be forever known as one of the big heroes of history, in the same league as Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King. And right now, it feels too good to be true. So I'm torn between being hopeful and trying to save myself from crushing disappointment. :S

SIGH. Waiting on the world to change.

No comments: