Sunday, November 18, 2007

omgosh. what am I doing, what am I doing, what am I doing!!! I need to severely bonk my head and wake up. And do something concrete.

Okay, things over the past few days:

1) Spent another whopping 12 hours on boinformatics project: from 10 to 10! nyeeaah. But thankfully, I think we're almost done and I'm just left with compiling.

2) Watched Lions for Lambs, which is a good story that I absolutely heart. (Goodness, when did I start speaking like this?) And the fact that the theatre had a magnificent total of less than 15 people (on a friday night, mind you! during the school holidays!) really proved the whole point about apathy. The story's all about how much people are actually doing to change things in this world. Very, very moving. And I love Meryl Streep - awesome.

3) Had the last tutorial for Politics of Heritage, in which Patrick told us of a professor in NUS who had the unshakeable opinion that the large majority of NUS are an "apathetic mediocrity". I was so incredibly affronted and angry by that. I resent that! I do! That is so very unfair - I think there are quite a few people I know who are not apathetic but are trying to find ways to be involved; to do things. And when I watched Lions for Lambs, it totally connected with me, and I got angry at that unnamed professor again.

4) Had liqa' last night at Ami Omar's place. After which we told ghost stories until I had nightmares last night.

5) Speaking of ghost stories, my bioinfo team mates were in LT25 at night and started telling each other ghost stories and we started getting freaked out. Then Thaharah went to switch off the lights and we screamed! I never thought of Thaharah as a prankster before then. It reminded me how you should never underestimate people in general. haha.

6) I am slowly getting excited about Morocco. :) Ahmad says it's about 12 degrees. Might be even colder in the mountainous regions. I'm already having vague plans of how this holiday video will turn out. yay.

7) I have decided that my new year resolution for 2008, and for which I will start working on starting this moment, is to be: HARDWORKING. I was thinking how, when I was bored last night, that playing doesn't excite me anymore. I want to try to achieve goals instead. Maybe that'll give me more satisfaction, Allah willing.

Toodles.

No comments: