Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I had my USP writing course just this morning. At first, I was a bit terrified of the fact that we'd be a mere total of 5 students and an intimidating professor. But it turned out just fine. Very fine. And I can say I quite like the small group atmosphere. Speech comes more naturally.

The linguist Mr Nerney turned out to be funny as hell. He's telling us about analysing readings, and looking for assumptions, and he says, "I don't fucking care about your opinions." He wants us to give the facts straight. (or something like that. The gist of this module still eludes me.) He freely spouts shits and fucks here and there, but not with any real malice, and it successfully lightens the atmosphere, cause we know he isn't just a prim and proper professor. I like.

Have Calculus in a bit, and yay, I have Aisyah.

No comments: