Friday, August 11, 2006

This post is harrypotter-related.

I used to think the whole Cassie plagiarism debacle was always over-exaggerated and that some psychos were fussing over a few random quotes. But now that some people have worked hard to enlighten the rest of us, I know now the extent of the situation. She had copied and lifted exact chunks and chunks of work from so many books, stories and works and never bothered to cite them properly, the way they deserved to. And I used to love the quotes from Draco Trilogy, ignorant of the fact that the true sources were elsewhere. It truly makes me feel sick to the stomach. And the way I used to go on about parallels between Lymond and Draco, they probably were real too! The blind thing?

I feel utterly betrayed. Being a somewhat younger HP fan than her and a lot of other big-name-fans, there's a certain respect that us younger ones have for the aforementioned older ones. To learn of such things just shatters my whole idea of fandom; is there any integrity at all? First Ms Scribe, now the true colours of BNF Cassandra Claire has become crystal clear as well. HP fandom has become such an ugly place that I almost wish HP wasn't my favourite book series. If maybe I were a Star Wars freak or something. But of course, that is simply not possible.

I hope Cassie feels horrible now. She deserves to, for all the deceit. I almost feel like deleting all posts that had anything to do with her. There is no way I would want to buy her professionally published book, City of Bones, or even touch it with a ten-foot pole. I just feel so disgusted and conned. Even if the City of Bones is 100% original, I wouldn't care. I can't stand dishonest creeps.

Here's the link to the account of The Cassandra Claire Plagiarism Debacle.

No comments: