Thursday, May 11, 2006

Got lost in Simei today. Yes, Simei. One of the smallest housing areas on this island. Yes, with blur me, such things can happen. Because today was the much-looked-forward-to Roswell day with Jean, I took a taxi to her house. Apparently, Jalan Angin Laut is a huge place. The taxi went in a roundabout way and delivered me to the doorstep of 18 Jalan Angin Laut. But when I got off and stared at the house - my mind went blank. I did not remember it at all. It was not Jean's house, I knew it. And so I called her. And apparently, 18 Seabreeze Walk isn't the same as 18 Jln Angin Laut. -_________- That's a direct translation from Malay to English, okay. How was I to know? So walked and walked with directions over the phone to get to Jean's house. It was hilarious, really.

We ordered pizza and ate in front of the tv. Watched four episodes, with Jean complaining that the romance has been pushed into the background. She also keeps asking about what's going to happen and I give her exasperated you-seriously-want-me-to-tell-you? looks. And when the scene where Jason Behr takes his shirt off and shows off his extremely sculpted bod, Jean started to question me non-stop about which guy had 6 packs and which didn't. Oh God, Jean just cracks me up. It goes more or less something like this...

Jean: What about Michael? Does Michael have 6 packs?
Me (regretfully): No, he doesn't. But he's still cute lah.
Jean: When, when? When did you get to see? This season?
Me: Yes, this season.
Jean: You didn't see like any outline of the 6 packs?
Me: What! No. What outline!

~ Pause as we continue watching a little bit of the show again. Michael comes on screen. He falls on the floor due to alien weapon and we can see bit of his midriff. ~

Jean: Yeah, you can see he's quite fat under his shirt.
Me: What! What! He is not fat!
Jean: But he doesn't have 6 packs. Not a little bit eh. That's quite bad. Are you sure you didn't see any outline?
Me: What. Tsk. What. Just because someone doesn't have a 6 pack doesn't mean he's fat! I don't think my brother has a 6 pack but I think he's fit. He plays hockey. Does your brother have a 6 pack?
Jean: YES. A little bit at least.
Me: Well... But Michael is still okay. You don't have to have a 6 pack.
Jean: Yar... what makes him so...
Me: He is truly good-looking. And being so tall helps. Oh, there's Kyle. Does he have a 6 pack... okay he does.
Jean: Yar, you see. Max, he works out a lot, is it?
Me: Yes, I think he does. Those 6 packs... WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT 6 PACKS? Watch the show!

Madness. Jean - the person with whom such ridiculous conversations abound. Hilarious. I talk crap about boys when I'm with Jean. I laugh a lot when I'm around Eunice, mostly because her laugh is contagious. I roll my eyes and sigh a lot around the birds. I scream a lot when I'm with my sister. We scream at the littlest things. Just tonight we screamed when we found out Supernatural was playing on AXN. How lame, I know. And when we watch tv, we always manage to scream at the same parts. We screamed the house down when Taufik won S'pore Idol.

And of course, tonight, mum, sis and me all screamed when Chris got voted off Idol. LIKE WHAT?! He was the best. It was either him or Katherine. It was devastating.

No comments: