Monday, March 27, 2006

What else can't I stand.

Secondary school couples. They truly irk me. There was one sitting in front of me in the bus today, and I rolled my eyes so much, they almost fell out of their sockets. ('Eh, let me see your handphone! Why cannot? You have things to hide from me?' And the boy gives her an of-course-I-have-some-things-to-be-kept-secret-for-I-am-Casanova look. I was almost banging my head against the window.)

I just can't help but think how much of a farce most teenage relationships (at that stage) are. It's like they're doing it for show; to feel grown up or cool. I suppose there are one or two in a hundred whose mutual feelings are genuine. But they seem rare. Of course, I speak without experience and this is merely what I perceive.

Besides, the whole idea of likelike lovelove thing just muddles me up. I don't see how one goes about having dates. How does one sit down in front of a person at a candlelit dinner and think, 'This person seems like a good candidate for a future bf/lover/husband/takeyourpick' and at the same time, carry out a conversation? I don't think I could ever do that. It's the same with making friends. I can never consciously befriend someone. If I start thinking about befriending someone, it immediately becomes impossible. It has to happen without my being aware; the closest friends I have came out of the blue, unplanned and when I realised I wanted them to be my friends, they already were. Plans are not my thing. (INFP - I Never Follow Plans).

The other thing I don't get is how people can say they don't love someone anymore; you know, break-ups, divorces. If you say that, you didn't love in the first place. Perhaps you lusted, fancied or simply admired. But you couldn't possibly have loved, because love is forever. Take your brother or sister: can you conceive the idea of not loving them anymore? No. Let alone your mum or dad. Maybe love can be tarnished with a bad memory or an act of betrayal, but I don't think it can be killed. If it can, it isn't love. Not in my dictionary. So this is probably also why I can't stand seeing all these couples - one minute they're all lovey-dovey and the next, they're with a different partner. Excuse me, you're giving love a bad name.

No comments: