Saturday, September 10, 2005

The second last hurdle approaching. And the biggest and scariest one too. I scare myself by being so calm when I know I'm screwed. Where is my sense of urgency?

I wonder if my life will go on being filled with these... phases of obsession. I have had them for as long as I can remember... I think. I'll go absolutely mad about a book, story, movie, show or occasionally an activity, and then when that dies down, I'll jump to another. It's probably very unhealthy. I'm so into that other world, I don't care about reality.

At this point, whatever makes me happy. As long as I don't start talking to imaginary beings, I think I'm still sane.

I like Joan of Arcadia! It's only just started on Channel 5 but I've been looking it up and found out what happens... all the way till season 2. The idea that God walks among us could be considered blasphemous in itself, but it provides the opportunity for important issues, like why people have to die, suffer etc, to be brought up and discussed. And that makes for riveting conversations. And the writers are smart enough to always be able to create a flawless 'God's plan' for every episode. And the dialogue is often ponder-able, thought-provoking, funny and quotable. Plus, it has a fantastic cast. The young actors are all so good, which was why it did well I suppose. I've watched video clips and all the actors can cry, guys included. I guess people who have something against sappy shows might not want to watch so much. But it's a worthwhile one hour each week, IMO.

No comments: