Monday, August 08, 2005

Quite amusing day.

Went home after the US university briefing only to face a problem at the front door. The padlock was screwed up. My dad couldn't open it with his keys, and I couldn't open it with mine. So then we had to call the locksmith (their company number was strangely and conveniently placed next to our apartment) and we had to wait for like 40 minutes. My poor dad had already waited for me to come home for half an hour prior to that. So the afternoon was spent waiting.

The both of us settled ourselves at the top of the stairwell just round the corner from our apartment, and read. I tried to read bio but eventually got distracted by the newspaper. I went downstairs to the grocery store to get some drinks for us at one point. And dad got bored and read the NUS prospectus I brought home. And we talked about admission criteria and how it's fine if I go NUS anyway. I don't mind. I just still don't know whether I should do medicine or not. I can do psychological medicine as a postgraduate course. Perhaps.

Eventually the locksmith came and charged 40 bucks for simply sawing our padlock. Absolutely exorbitant. Can you imagine just sawing padlocks everyday, for 40 bucks each? You can earn quite decently that way.

~

I have to learn to let go and take risks... Am so afraid to take risks, that's why am so indecisive right? Wish I could be braver.

No comments: