Thursday, July 07, 2005

Got both chem and phy back. I could have done much worse, but I didn't do good either. Prelims looming scarily near.

Anyway, finished reading The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory. Another fantastic, addictive story. She's so good with suspense and twists and at the same time, with emotions. Of course, if I had known the full history of Europe's royalty, it'd be more predictable, somewhat. I think reading historical fiction must be the absolute best way to learn about history. Of course then, I'd have to know where to use my discretion and draw the line between reality and make believe. Which, as some would know, is a problem issue with me.

The story's about ill-fated love, mostly. Duty to country, duty to family, duty to spouse. Ambition (if it's about royalty, how can it ever be not?). Betrayal. And, as is typical of gregory, includes lots of slamming of the male species. Haha. She so brings out the feminist in me. She always shows the most horrible character traits in her male characters (save a few) and makes you hate them. Robert Dudley was such a bastard.

Trying to slow down rate of reading now.

Short school day tomorrow. Hurrah.

No comments: