Monday, July 25, 2005

Digging and digging. Through piles and piles of papers and dust. Am attempting to revamp bedroom and table; in short neaten up my life. Dearest Daddy has weirdly been the motivation for this ever since he's proven his expertise with the vacuum cleaner. And my carpet is now cleaner than it's been for years.

I think it supremely unfair that my biological system does not want to synchronise with school system. I feel sleepy at 9 pm but if I manage to get through that time without dozing off, I can stay awake past 12 am to maybe 2. Then I end up being a zombie in school the next day. Hmph. Such a bother.

By the way, went to the US uni fair this past Sunday with birds 'cept for duckie (who's set on UK, it seems), and was so attracted to UPenn. And also to Columbia, although Columbia seems dangerous (definitely a minus point here). The really big names scared me to bits, and we did not even venture to the Yale and Harvard booth. Though we did talk to the Princeton person, who gave us weird looks (which maybe we deserve for looking so blur, as compared to everyone else) and said that everything is 'good' at Princeton. Wow, elaborate, won't you? Certain conversations were really painful.

ALL the universities there seemed much more appealing than NUS. Wish I was really rich.

Psychology. I don't know. I really don't. Pharmocology? Medicine? Microbiology? Immunology? Neuroscience? How do you know what to do!

Does anyone out there know what they really want? Tell me if you do. I need decision-making tips. How do you know when anything's right for you???

Anyway, was looking at various courses offered in the US unis, and entertained the notion of taking a random minor, just for fun! Like Arabic or Photography. Heh. If only life was like a walk through the library.

~

Have to write about this: Am I really that intuitive. It happened again, one of those weird coincidence thingeys.

Was walking out of mall, and walked past group of people talking loudly, and last two words I caught from their conversation was 'Edward Scissorhands'. Got home, not 20 minutes later, food ready in front of me, switched on tv to channel 58 and guess what was starting at that moment as I sat down? Right you are - Edward Scissorhands.

Coincidence. Again???

How about all those other times when I thought of a person and then poof, there he is. There was once, I remember so vividly, I was at the movie theatre, then I went to the washroom. As I pushed open the door, I clearly thought, "There's a high chance I'll meet someone I know around here..." And when I finished that thought, Raihana was standing in front of me, coming out of the loo. I zoned out for a full two seconds, before responding to her greeting. Just could not believe it, you know.

And the day I decided not to go for pe, they cancelled pe! But I guess that's pure luck. Haha.

Then there are those really shockingly good things that happen, which I don't doubt is God's doing: Like praying for taxi in really dire situation and a cab zooms down the road towards you once you reach the curb. Or praying for a good friend to end up in same class in JC (hoping beyond hope for it to be Turk but it didn't) and was consequently reunited with Jean. Or even vague childhood wishes of whole Bafadhal family getting back together, and it has. Tis' amazing you know. I could go on listing. God's listening, no doubt about that.

At the same time, God gives sometimes incomprehensible or weird signs. And simply loves irony.

No comments: